Elder mediation covers:
◦ Disputes between family members over wills involving money and chattels
◦ Disputes between family members regarding what care and support is appropriate
◦ Disputes between family members as to how and where the elder relative will be cared for
◦ Disputes over who is responsible for meeting the cost for care of an elderly relative
◦ Disputes over the type of care and treatment offered to an elderly relative - whether you chose private treatment or NHS treatment
Elder mediation can also be used in a preventative manner when a family is aware that the elder relative faces a decline in their health. Here at NWMS we can help the family members to agree a way forward.